Big Data Analyst (Hadoop)
Big Data Analyst
1 year contract
• Expert knowledge of Hadoop environments (administration, workload management, backup/restore).
• Expert knowledge of in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++.
• Expert knowledge in conducting statistical analytics (statistical modeling, clustering, predictive analytics).
• Expert knowledge in one or more business intelligence and data discovery systems: QlikView, Tableau.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in Computer Science, Machine Learning and Algorithms.
• Advanced knowledge in database technologies: SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SAP HANA and NoSQL databases.
• Advanced experience in statistical languages and tools in particular R.
• Advanced experience in Big Data Infrastructures: Hadoop and ecosystem (Hive, HBase).
• Design, Build and Operate Hadoop service platform.
• Work with large data sets from both within and external to BMW (e.g. plant data, social media data, warranty data) and conducts advanced analytical tasks, such data conversions, ETL, filtering, fusion, aggregations and data mining.
• Analyzes business critical data and recommends improvements. Manages medium to large-scale enterprise-wide projects in the area of smart analytics.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for other engineers and specialists in the team providing expert knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
• Serves as internal consultant to other developers and engineers as needed, providing assistance in all phases of product life-cycle development.
• Advises developers and engineers on latest data analytics technologies and assists the team in process matters as related to development/support and provides the necessary on the job training and development of associates/contractors within the team.
• Maintains accurate, meaningful and updated technical and non-technical documentation pertaining to all aspects of area(s) of responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned by BMW MC Operations Supervisor.